In this day and age, the economy is on everyone’s minds.
Some experts are saying that the economy is improving because house sales are increasing and the stock market is turning around.
Other pundits are saying that with gold prices up, and continued job losses, that the economy is flagging.
On a purely tongue-in-cheek basis, I have created a humorous checklist that we regular people can look at to see how the economy is actually doing.
12. If you order a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asks, "Can you afford fries with that?"
11. If your boss asks you for a personal loan.
10. If the CEO of your company cancels his exclusive country club membership and has recently been seen playing putt-putt golf.
9. If the credit card offer you receive in the mail was already pre-declined.
8. If your stock in Hot Wheels and Matchbox car companies is trading higher than GM and Chrysler.
7. If, instead of the Quarter Pounder, McDonald's starts selling the Quarter Ouncer.
6. If rich people fire their nannies, and actually start to learn their children's names.
5. If the most highly-paid job available you know of is jury duty.
4. If people in Africa start donating money to Americans. (Mothers in Ethiopia start telling their kids, "Finish your plate; do you know how many kids are starving in America?")
3. If Motel Six just won't leave the lights on for you.
2. If airlines begin charging by the pound.
1. If your bank returns your check marked as "insufficient funds," and they call and say it was their funds that were insufficient, not yours!
There is just nothing wrong with this country that a Great Depression or a World War couldn’t fix.