Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I think most folks can accept an All-good God; or even an All-powerful God... but not both at one time.. that's where the rub is...
Is He good but ineffective to prevent evil? or is He is powerful enough to stop it, but chooses not to and thus seems less than good? 

This is at the base of many religious questions and problems, in my opinion. The end of Psalms 92 reminds us that "He is upright and there is no wickedness in Him." 

Yet, the psalmist reminds us of his power and knowledge in Psalm 139:7-10

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? 
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me, 
your right hand will hold me fast.


So, we all have a choice. If you choose that God is Not all Good, YOU have become the JUDGE of the Creator God!!! Your version of good does not even always agree with your neighbor or the height to cut your grass or your wife on choice of restaurants. How does one decide what is good? That we do not hurt someone? Shag carpeting meets that definition. Surely we can go deeper. 

God is all Good and all Powerful. He loves you. This world is broken and He will heal it and can heal you. But He will never violate your free will and your choices.   There is hope in none other. Cry out to Jesus and He will show you great and wonderful things. Or, you can try it all your own.... How's that workin' out for ya? Life is short, eternity is LOOOONNNGGGGGG.. choose wisely. see John 3. 
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment