Monday, October 19, 2009

Watching Salvation Occur

As a deacon, I have the honor of counseling those who come forward during the church service to make a decision.

People come forward, tearful and unsure.

When they are ready, they pray and ask Jesus into their heart, the change is remarkable. This is true whether they have ever been to church or they were raised in church, rich or poor.

I watch years of guilt, shame, doubt and regret wash from their faces and it is replaced with a glowing countenance. Their eyes clear, and it is like they are a new person. Of course, biblically, that is true. A clean slate provided by the Lover of our souls.

I don't think I could ever get tired of watching this process. It always reminds me of a day 22 years ago, when the same thing happened to me.

Praise be to God.




No comments:

Post a Comment